NetApp’s new FAS2220 is the latest member of its entry-level product portfolio and builds on the momentum and success of the recently introduced FAS2240. Already an established leader in the medium-size market, with more than 10,000 customers turning to NetApp each year for their storage needs, the new FAS2220 delivers innovative new technologies and increased value that enable medium-size businesses to:
• Start right by providing more performance and software value than traditional entry-level storage systems
• Keep it simple by delivering increased performance without increasing deployment or management complexity
• Grow smart by leveraging existing storage investments and adding new capabilities easily to meet changing needs
NetApp has also unveiled an expanding ecosystem of value-added reseller (VAR) partners to provide medium-size businesses with cloud backup and disaster recovery services built on NetApp®, along with new channel enablement programs to help partners expand their business.
Enhanced Portfolio Provides Powerful, Simple and Flexible Platform
• NetApp’s FAS2220 leverages new NetApp Flash Pool technology to provide an unmatched combination of performance and value to help medium-size businesses start right and stretch their budgets. Flash Pools, which extend NetApp’s Virtual Storage Tier approach to the medium-size market, enable customers to accelerate application performance and are simple to implement and operate “out of the box”. Flash Pool technology also integrates seamlessly with NetApp’s industry-leading suite of nine storage efficiency technologies to help customers increase utilisation and reduce power costs. NetApp is the only vendor offering this unique intelligent caching approach in the entry-level storage market.
• The new NetApp OnCommand® System Manager 2.1 helps simplify, control and automate both setup and ongoing management of NetApp storage. This tool allows customers to improve their storage and service efficiency, boost productivity and reduce the impact of storage management on IT resources.
• The FAS2200 series runs on the latest version of the Data ONTAP® operating system to provide a truly unified, scalable architecture that enables customers to upgrade to higher-end systems and new capabilities easily and affordably without needing forklift upgrades. Data ONTAP also provides “cluster-ready” capabilities, enabling medium-size customers to add storage capacity seamlessly, as needed, to their shared infrastructures with no downtime.
VAR Ecosystem Helps Medium-size Businesses Leverage the Cloud
• According to a recent study by Enterprise Storage Group,1 74% of all medium-size businesses will increase expenditure on cloud services in 2012. NetApp is working closely with select VAR partners to deliver data protection as a service (DPaaS) to help customers start right and grow smart. DPaaS enables customers to better protect their business from lost productivity, revenue and goodwill associated with data loss and downtime.
• DPaaS is a logical first step into cloud services for many medium-size businesses because it delivers powerful disk-based recovery and second-site failover functionality typically enjoyed by large enterprises at a fraction of the cost of traditional disk-based solutions. And with the ability to pay as they go, decision makers with DPaaS can optimally align IT spending to the growth of the business.
• DPaaS maximises the effectiveness of limited administrative resources because it is simple to initiate and easier to maintain than legacy tape protection infrastructures. By moving to DPaaS, administrators can eliminate onerous tape management tasks, restore data in minutes versus hours or days and leverage experienced support teams and monitoring tools to help save valuable time and resources.
New Programs Enable Channel Partners to Accelerate Business Growth
• The GetSuccessful™ Cloud Services Program provides reseller partners with industry-leading support and connects them with NetApp’s ecosystem of cloud service providers to help them transform their business to capitalise on the cloud service opportunity.
• Additional programs, promotions and financing offers provided by NetApp specifically allow NetApp resellers to help existing customers make the transition from their legacy NetApp storage platform to the new FAS2200 portfolio. As a result, resellers have more to offer their customers and can increase their business opportunities by offering services.
• NetApp will participate in VMware’s ‘Real World Advantage’ campaign. The campaign provides VARs with various joint sales and marketing tools to help them accelerate sales opportunities and generate leads for VMware® and NetApp solutions with medium-size customers.